This event is part of the ANU Gender Identity + Sexuality Moot. All participants and non-participants are welcome to attend.
ANU College of Law will host a Zoom panel with people who work on LGBTQIA+ rights and inclusion. Our panellists:
- Nicholas Stewart (Partner at Dowson Turco);
- Heidi Yates (ACT Human Rights Commission);
- Alastair Lawrie (Public Interest Advocacy Centre);
- George Vallance (Director at ACT Health); and
- Ono Chowdhury (ANU student).
The panel will be moderated by Associate Professor Wayne Morgan. Panellists will discuss what they see as the most significant issues that need legal reform with respect to LGBTQIA+ rights and inclusion, and how we can best ensure that work and study places are inclusive and safe for people from all backgrounds but in particular for the LGBTQIA+ community.