Have you considered working in the legal field in Rural, Regional and Remote (RRR) Australia? Or wondered how you can explore a career in the RRR?
Join our panellists as they discuss their work experiences and journeys in the RRR as well as the complex challenges and emerging opportunities it offers. Learn about current and possible internship or work experience opportunities at ANU College of Law and how you can pursue this as an area of interest in your career.
Welcome will be by Judy Harrison, ANU College of Law convenor of Law, Lawyers and Justice – Regional Rural and Remote (LEGM8326 & LAWS4317).
On our panel:
- Joanne van der Plaat, Law Society of NSW Co-Chair, Rural Issues Committee
- Helen McGowan, Halliday Solicitors
- Corina Martin, Aboriginal Family Law Services (AFLS) WA
- Dr Anthony Hopkins, ANU College of Law
- Lily Cox, ANU Arts/Laws (Hons) student (moderator)